Thursday, April 21, 2016

"Time and Season" - "In Right Standing With God" - Proverbs 28:20; 1 John 1:3; Jeremiah 17:10-11; Psalm 1:1-3; Jeremiah 6:16-17; Zechariah 5:4; Psalm 112:5; Isaiah 51:1-3; Genesis 14:14-20&23; Proverbs 11:24-25; 2 Corinthians 9:7.

Life In The Word Part 4.

As I began taking account of my life and the very grace that kept me all these years, I realized that scriptures surely can not be broken (John 10:35) that Almighty God deserves and demands honor from us like my Bishop David Oyedepo will always say (Malachi 1:8). For there is time and season for everything under the earth, above the earth and we also return to earth (our carcasses). Read Haggai 1:6-11 and 14;  Songs of Solomon 2:15. Have you been told you have a terminal, chronic or a disease that can only be managed but not cured or that you have but a few days or months or years to live? Have you gotten pregnant only to realize that you are either going to loose the child, or give birth to a sick/feeble child that you have to manage all through life? Have you gone from one attack turn victories consistently that you realized that all you have got is God and your faith in Him? Have you ever gotten to a point that the more you served God the more the attacks? Have you just pulsed for a moment to think; 'maybe, just maybe there is no God at all and all am doing is just marking time and waiting to be added to mother earth'? In a twinkle of an eye, if just maybe if, 'all you have always cringed to looks like they all don't matter at all. Then you will realize that living is much more than; 'clothes over your body, roof over your head, getting married, giving birth, raising children, good cars to drive around town, good food to fill your stomach, get rich fast or die trying, competition, strife, envy etc'. Life outside God is all emptiness. I try to liken it to a balloon that can float away into the air and be lost forever but when tied to something will still swing as high as the string lets it yet not be lost when the wind blows. This life will blow you and me in all directions and we will swing and swing but that string that holds us (Jesus), will keep us safe.

Reflection : I woke up one very quiet morning and realized that the medication that I was given has started upsetting my stomach and I felt very weak, not knowing that this would change my life forever. I tried to move but was too weak to, I looked at my son laying besides me and realized I must do something, I said a very quiet prayer, "God engrace me please, I know you can". I got into the car, beckoned on my son to join in and all I could remember was packing right in front of the hospital and passing out. I heard some footsteps approaching and someone saying how did you drive this car here madam? I was bleeding and my son was asking mummy are you okay? In a moment I had to make up my mind, save this job or this life? Not that I could save either. So I asked for peace and struggled to write that much dreaded letter, and within 24 hours I realized that God gives grace to those who ask for it. The events that unfolded after this, today they remain in the past but many have toiled this road and have all been laid to rest and gone. This decision I made was just the least I could do but the hardest at the time. Today am making harder decisions but looks cheap right now. Am on my kneels using my faith like I just got promoted from then into college in faith and going further to Doctoral. If only we realized that we cant get promoted by complaining but by acting in faith. If only we would treat God as a person and Almighty God. I mean as an all-knowing father. I entrusted my life into His hands without knowing this would be it for me. Henceforth this journey of my life was taking a new turn. I was going to have almost a birthday mate and then I would have me to deal with. I barely gave birth and pregnant with my daughter, when I was diagnosed with "hypothyroidism" or inactive thyroid. Today my son is healed of "pelvi eclesis and hypothyroidism" has been defeated by the blood of the lamb (Jesus) - Revelations 12:11. It has been a journey of realizations. I was working so hard at work, very fatigued and coupled with the pregnancy, it was like the doctors couldn't locate what was wrong with me. And many have died. Neither could they locate what was wrong with the pregnancy as the baby started developing bigger than normal and I was just a moving shadow. When the doctors eventually diagnosed my son in the womb, I was kind of relived that I now know it by name. Not knowing there was more coming. I asked God this question along the line; "who will build the orphanage?". You won't send me home unless I am no longer useful here. So in the midst of not knowing what is next!!! I started working in the sanctuary and children's church like I had just that day left to live and my husband just allowed me. I cleaned God's house like God was watching because truly He was and looking after others children better than I would raise mine; maybe, just maybe, God would be pleased like He did to Hezekiah and send His healing balm. And He did. It took me, "throwing away my synthroid" and hanging on to all the mysteries in His word and to Him. I served God and then I started living. Saint of God; "the last couple of years I dealt with this actually looked longer than it seemed". I lived like I had doubled my age - I got wiser, learnt patients, and actually learnt to overlook others mistakes. I have learnt. This time and season of my life taught me a whole life lessons that can write a book.

Task: Take time and write out five things that are most important to you in this life. Think for a moment, if I am told I have a few days to live, what would I do? Yes, don't go - God forbid on me right now. Its not a prayer I was praying for you. It was a brainstorm. If among your five things; you had "God, husband, children, work, money etc", you would thing you are in a good standing. But Matthew 6:33 says it all "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well". It goes further to show that God wants me and you to seek Him first and His righteousness and we get the full package like they are embedded in "Kingdom and righteousness". Oh yes, I too didn't get that for years. Of-course I quoted it and even memorized it too. Get married and children are included in the package or are supposed to be included in the package, but God is God and what He says, His mighty hand will do it. So if you go and get entangled in unrighteousness, you cant buy God with money, and if you chase everything else and just try to make time for God out of convenience, what happens is, you will be chasing getting pregnant outside wedlock and becoming a reproach to society, single parent and a menace to all who cares about you. That is what happened to the prodigal son, "please give me my inheritance, I can fend for myself". Notice if He could, He wont have asked for His inheritance to go and squander away in a foreign land. Idleness and slothfulness among other sins, caused Sodom their lives (Ezekiel 16:49-50 and Ecclesiastes 10:18)


Prayer: Today Lord, may you not take me away from this earth like you did to Sodom and Gomorrah when you see iniquity in me, because of the good you find in your faithful servants, cause the blood of Jesus to wash away all my iniquities, teach me via your word to know you, en-grace me to be righteous as you are in Jesus mighty name Amen.

Next...................................................................................................Jesus (The "Tree of Life" Part 2).
Jesus is Lord and All Glory to Almighty God.




No comments:

Post a Comment